Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Updates and Things to come



Just thought I should give some updates on my current projects that I' working on right now.

     Currently I've bought an Arduino Mega for my Voltcraft DPS 4005 PSU repair and managed to wire everything up. I can now control the LCD as I wish, but currently struggling with getting the DAC to work. No matter how I drive the pins of the AD7541, I always get  8.9 Volts on  the output of the PSU. I thing there's something wrong with the pull-up resistors on  the DAC pins. So next step is to remove those and see if I can drive the pins directly, with the Arduino. If this won't work, I have some more options I could try. On would be  to install my own 12-bit DAC, although I wish it won't come to that.

Also, I'm working on an USB Isolator based on the ADUM4160 from Analog Devices. I will make a post of the design process (schematic and PCB) for this thing where I'll also be stating the trouble I had with trying to get this thing to work reliably.

And I've been wanting to do this for a while and it's taking some time to do right - How to design your  own High-Voltage Differential Probe. This will be a two-part post. First I will talk about how I designed this thing, and what a differential probe is actually works, then, a future post will be of when I get the PCB  done and try to test it out. That'll be a really nice one, you'll see.

So, expect some really exciting stuff in the following weeks. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
google-site-verification: googlee8a41f51abde7545.html